I don’t think there is enough room on this page to write about my love for Taqueria Del Sol.
This is hands down my favorite restaurant in Athens. Once I discovered this place I decided that no other Mexican restarting can hold my heart.
My order never varies and I go at least once a week. 2 fried chicken tacos & a side of cheese dip & of course you can’t forget the margarita on the rocks.
The atmosphere of this place is like no other. It is an upscale quick serve Mexican restaurant. You wait in line and order at the counter. Once you order then you can go and find a seat and they bring out your appetizers within 3 minutes and food within 5. It is so fast!
If you drive by and see a long line, don’t let it deter you, they keep it moving so quick (And you can get a margarita while you wait)! Most of their seating is outside but they have it covered (with heaters) so that people can still eat even when it is cold or raining.
Here are a few tips:
1) try not to go at the most popular times, for example, Friday at 7pm.
2) do not save tables while other people in your party order. The manager will not be happy (they have a good system, trust it!)
3) don’t move tables. Another no-no! Management will do this for you and they want to. When you go up to the counter to order tell them how many aren’t in your party and they will find you seating!
4) definitely order appetizers – their guacamole, cheese dip & salsa trio are so good I could eat all 3 in one sitting
5) their tacos are always a good idea but their enchilada is also to die for – it has h best sauce you’ll ever taste on an enchilada
These tips will definitely help your visit go as good as possible! Take them into consideration when you go!
I hope you get the chance to visit Taqueria Del Sol & that you will love it as much as I do!